Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

At first i thought they were only a split second.

User Profile
I have seemingly random episodes of "blipping". Its like when your lights flicker in your house because too many things are on, or like a slow flip book. I call them "flickering invisible memories". theyre kind of like walking through a room with a strobe light on, but instead of darkness inbetween theres nothing. Like a very short jump. Very short. At first i thought they were only a split second. I found out theyre more like 3 seconds long. Over and over for a bit and it stops. The kitchen is the place it happens most, almost every time i walk in i "blip".

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2017
Epilepsy Answer A61673
Welcome to e health forum.

It is difficult to assess the cause of your symptoms just based on your history provided.

Your history could be indicative of normal reaction to physiological stress or due to conditions like thyroid disorders, anemia, other endocrine disorders,etc.

Psychiatric conditions like chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disorders, etc can also be possible causes.

It would be best that you consult a doctor and seek a proper medical opinion.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.