Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
User Profile
Long story short I was loving somewhere with black mold and after about six months I started losing energy, spitting out blood, throat hurt so bad felt like shards of glass and hot sauce were stuck in it. After a while my throat got where it felt like I was choking and made it hard to breathe. I had no insurance so based on my own research I assume it was Vocal Cord Dysfunction. Anyway, it went from my throat to my lungs and I developed crackles and a very hard time breathing. My throat symptoms had subsided but when I finally got health insurance and got my lings checked I was diagnosed with Asthma. I was put on all kinds of medications that kinda helped but what helped the most was Klonopin. I was prescribed Klonopin because I was told that my anxiety feeds my asthma and my asthma feeds my anxiety. Once I started taking Klonopin my breathing issues almost disapeared but once I didn't take it my symptoms would return. Anyway, main reason I'm on this website is because of my asthma symptoms. It's been a year since I was diagnosed with asthma and I had to stop going about two months after because I couldn't afford to keep going. Without maintenance meds I still had issues during the summer but not a big deal. Once fall hit this year and on in to winter I've had nothing but tight chest, back and sides and a hard time breathing and it doesn't go away. What bothers me is that I've never had an asthma attack with wheezing or coughing just everything tight and hard to breathe. I have pain in my back, chest and sides from this. Anyway, if anyone is going through this lets link up and talk about it and encourage each other.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2017
Experienced User
Holy hell sorry to hear that! That sounds horrid. I can't imagine what you've had to go through. Just reading that made me feel horrible that you are having trouble getting treated with insurance. Insurance companies are a pain in the rear end. There's nothing worse than when they don't give you coverage when you need it the most. I'm here for you man. I have exercise asthma and I have taken inhalers for a couple years and they help a little, but not all that much. The important thing is to not smoke cigarettes and to keep the air you breath cleaner, if at all possible. If you live in an area where the air isn't as clean, it can be worth your time to try to limit exposure to those areas as they will definitely make your asthma worse. On top of all that, if you are having any coughing I would try to maybe use some Tylenol sore throat (the blue liquid with acetaminophen with menthol in it) as that can help (plus it's relatively cheap.) I wish you the absolute best and hopefully that gets better over time! I would recommend using cough drops and drinking cold fluids as that can help. Take care and happy breathing!
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2017
Well.. When I went to the doctor she said my lungs were 101% but that they sounded tight. She said I might have mild asthma but something else is causing this. She thinks maybe acid reflux or allergies. I was told the inflammation in my back and stuff is Pleurisy but it's not getting better and I have these episodes where my breathing feels so restricted I have to hold on to something and just breathe through it and hope it eases up but still no wheezing. I'm going to see someone about anxiety meds tomorrow because last year it all went away while I was on Klonopin so I'm wondering if this isn't mostly anxiety induced. Also wondering if it's Costochondristis and not pleurisy but either way I have crackles every now and then at the top of my lungs, when I have those episodes my mouth is really dry and I feel like my lungs are shrinking so I have to take extra deep breaths or else ai feel like I'm going to stop breathing. I've had anxiety for a long time and last year was the first time I've taken anything for it. I know what it's like to be hard to breathe during a panic attack because I've had the worse of the worse but it's funny to me how Klonopin seemed to help me with all of this last year.
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2017
Study shows that those who sleep during the day due to night work shift may be prone more to asthmatic attack during the day and the condition usually begin 6 hours into the sleep. Hence, from this observation, they suggest that some internal trigger is the reason for the sleep-related asthma.
|
Tags: Asthma, Anxiety
Quick Reply