Hi, My name is Ange, and I was just hoping someone could give me some info or help me figure out if I had an asthma attack or something else...

I am 20 years old, and have never had an asthma attack before... I am also fairly unfit, and have started running/walking to try and lose some weight and get my fitness levels back up.

Last night I went for a run with my boyfriend, and I experienced the usual difficulty in breathing that I've always had, but I can always catch my breath after a while of walking. I think that part is just because I'm unfit... So we were walking after running for a while, and started running again. I only got about 10 meters before I couldn't breathe in, and my throat had basically closed up... I started to freak out, and ended up in tears. My boyfriend was very calm and managed to settle me down, and after about 2 mins I started to feel better.

I was just wondering if it is possible that I have asthma, since I never had symptoms as a child, and this is the first time I've not been able to breathe... Or maybe there is something else that might have happened?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 11th, 2010
P.S. I also feel like I need to yawn when ever I'm doing any sort of exercise, but I always have trouble yawning. I also need to yawn a lot even when I'm not exercising... Not sure if this is relevant or not, just thought I'd mention it...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....