Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
During the last 2 years I had the following blood results:
AgHBs - negative
AgHBe - negative
AcHbe - positive
AcHbc - positive
AcImg - negative
AcHbs - zero
DNAHVB - not detectable
AcHCV - negative
copper, iron - normal
GGT, bilirubin - normal
Alfa 1 antitrypsin, ANA, ASMA, LKM1 - all ok
!!! AST and ALT - 2 or 3 x normal values
normal echography - except 2 small hemangiomas
HDL - normal, but LDL at the superior normal limit in spite of eating healthy enough
TSH - 8 (normal max value 4), done also FT4, FT3 - not ok and thyroid antibodies-ok and the result was I have Hypothiroidism, so I began to take Euthyrox
After almost 2 years since I discovered I have elevated liver values, last month was the first time my AST and ALT got a little under the maximum values. The doctor said that my elevated enzyms are related to my thyroid disorders. Could you tell me if there are other persons / cases in this situation. I really don't have hepatitis B and it's all because of the thyroid? Also please tell me, why doctors in case of elevated liver enzyms, generally recommend to avoid any kind of supplements as vitamins, minerals, oil fish etc? Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2017
The liver is a site where metabolism of carbohydrates and fats occur. Hence in case of liver inflammation, with reduced liver functioning it is essential that the remaining functioning liver tissue needs time to regenerate and recover. Hence it is advised to reduce the intake of high calorie diet and supplements.

|

replied May 16th, 2018
abnormal liver function tests
Check iron saturation?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.