I was researching assisted suicide, to see what it involves. I am scared of dying, but scared of livingg, and it makes my heart hurt thinking about it.
It said in this assisted suicide movie, it feels like going to sleep and never waking up. I kind of want to do it, but then I am scared.
I don't know what to do. Lately I just want to step infront of a moving car. I hate it. I have a fine life, but something isn't right...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2013
Hey I seen this and had to reply. May I ask how old you are??? When I was younger I attempted suicide a few times cause I felt like my life was over that I had nothing to look forward to Thankfully my attempts were just attempts and not successful because my problems then were not even problems they were just part of life that everyone has sometimes we just need someone to talk to that will listen and not judge someone that has been through similar situations My life is far from perfect but if I would have been successful years ago I would not have the beautiful children I have today and remember you can NEVER take that decision back it is not always as bad as we think it is at the time
|

replied April 14th, 2013
Hey I seen this and had to reply. May I ask how old you are??? When I was younger I attempted suicide a few times cause I felt like my life was over that I had nothing to look forward to Thankfully my attempts were just attempts and not successful because my problems then were not even problems they were just part of life that everyone has sometimes we just need someone to talk to that will listen and not judge someone that has been through similar situations My life is far from perfect but if I would have been successful years ago I would not have the beautiful children I have today and remember you can NEVER take that decision back it is not always as bad as we think it is at the time
|

replied April 17th, 2013
I am 18 years old.
|

replied June 1st, 2013
You are absolutely right.
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2013
help for suicidal ideations
I have struggled with depression, PTSD, and substance abuse for the better part of my life. I have come to learn that, for me, I don't really want to die, I just don't want to live life in such torment and I began to think that there was no other way to end my pain than suicide. In a moment of lucidity, I reached out for help and was introduced to DBT, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy which has gradually taught me how to find peace and contentment in my life. I am not giving advice, merely sharing what has helped me but different people respond to different types of treatments for persistent suicidal ideations. I am very grateful that God saw fit to spare my life on the several occasions in which I had tried to throw it away.
|

replied June 26th, 2013
This has a lot to do with your age. I promise you that "this too shall pass" - that quote has got me through a LOT in my life. Your perspective on things also changes as you get older and you will be able to look back with wisdom. This might sound silly, but what got me through a lot of suicidal ideation in my early 20s was the possibility there could be life after death and the uncertainty on if that fate would be worse than what was going on in my life - if you catch my drift! Something to think about because once you're dead there's no reversing that. Hang in there!
|

replied June 27th, 2013
I agree with Lana, and on top of that, you might carry your 'baggage' to the next phase. That's how I look at my 'issues' with this life. I view death as the beginning of a new chapter, what I learn from this life will accompany me to the next. If you don't get over what's bothering you now causing you to want to end things, you might still have them after you die!!

Sift through all the chaos going on through your mind right now and try finding the root cause of your thought to leave this life. A lot of things happen in our childhood that we can't remember consciously today, but they still have an impact in our reactions/emotions to certain situations. You might not figure it out over night, but in time, you will 'see the light'. You just have to give yourself enough time to.

If you allow your mind to go back through your memories, and be open, you might find an experience or several that has led you to this point. Looking back on it now you might have a different perspective than you did as a child. This might help you come away with a resolve to whatever happened then, allowing you to replace what was a negative memory into a more accepting one.

Remember this, who you are today has a lot to do with your experiences from yesterday/childhood(and genetics). If you are feeling like you want to end things today, something didn't go how you wanted it to earlier in your life. Although you can't go back in time and physically change whatever experience/s you had, you can change your perspective, which could have the same result. Just allow yourself the time to figure these things out!!
|

replied November 13th, 2014
Experienced User
i think so you have divert your mind in other activity and you can do your work .
|

replied November 20th, 2014
When I was younger I had the same thoughts. Your at such an important time in your life, I would talk to someone about how you are feeling. Have you talked to any family members?
|

replied November 27th, 2014
I had super rough times emotionally when I was 18. I never attempted suicide but I thought about it. Instead I did the exact opposite of what I wanted to do. Surround myself by people.
Anything social I could. I joined a swimming class and got a pet. Involving yourself in something that brings you good energy is essential in being happY!
|

replied July 15th, 2016
Who can help me when I'm in my mid-forties and nothing has changed and I want to die
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....