Hi, 19 years of age and I have been told a few times that I show signs of Aspergers. I have never been tested for AS but I do have the learning disability dyspraxia. From what I have read about AS, I would say that i show a lot of the symptoms. I never have difficulty in understanding people or what they mean, but I do have difficulty when interacting with people as I tend to take things literally. I have no problem in understanding anothers feelings but dont know what to say or do to make people feel better. I have an abnormal amount of different interest, some which people think are weird like collecting stones. I would consider myself to be a bit eccentric, I always stand out where i go and have trouble fitting in. I am a somewhat awkward person without a lot of friends, really only 3. I have difficulty forming relationships and maintaining them. I have a lot of confidence and emotional issues. I feel closed off from people and have difficulty getting close to people. I am overly sensitive and emotionally vulnerable to things around me. I often spend my time repeatedly reading the same books or watching the same shows. I dont go out much and rarely find myself in a situation where i can meet new people. Do i have Aspergers?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 12th, 2013
You may or may not,it could be you just are shy and don;t get enough sleep at night or any number or other things, don't get diagnosed just based on your worries, because if you get diagnosed with it and don't have anything realley wrong with you, you may have to live with the diagnosis on your medical records for a very long time, also dont buy into the psychiatrists drugs, many of them diagnose people just so they can make money off them. And as always good luck to ya.
|

replied March 16th, 2014
Hi there benjiwade, its hard to diagnose someone with AS without knowing them, but dyspraxia and aspergers can have similar traits. Seek a medical professional opinion
|
Must Read
Start to understand this serious developmental disorder here. We review causes of autism, risk factors for development and other related health conditions...
Researchers believe that environmental and genetic reasons cause autism. But what group(s) are more at risk than others? Autism causes and risk factors here....
Main symptoms of autism involve communication, behavior and social difficulties - but when do these appear? and what symptoms are truly caused by autism?...