Medical Questions > Mental Health > Autism Forum

Aspergers Diagnosis

I'm trying to get an offical diagnosis for Aspergers Syndrome but nobody seams to be able to refur me anywhere. I'm waiting to hear back to see if this place that deals with learning difficulties will access me.
All my life I've had problems with everything and the so-called experts just blamed my parents and refused to diagnose me with anything.
My family just took it out on my and all my life have tried bullying me into been normal and acused me of kicking agaisn't it all the time when I can't help the way I'am. They also always totally hated the fact that I'm young for my age when I've never been able to help it.
I go to an Aspergers Suport group and everyone there has had a diagnosis.
I don't want to die without a diagnosis but I'm even more scared now that I'm going to because I think I have cancer.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper frankieroiscute
|

replied August 19th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Some researchers and people with Asperger's have advocated a shift in attitudes toward the view that it is a difference, rather than a disability that must be treated or cure.

now this seems to be contrary to your goal of being diagnosed this way.

. what will a diagnosis do for u
|

replied August 19th, 2011
Experienced User
It will give me piece of mind about what is wrong with me.

It will also help me more with my fear of anything medical.
|

replied October 16th, 2011
I am thirteen and have Aspergers Syndrome. I am no therapists/ shrink/ Psychiatrists/ dianosetic, but your details are too limited to have a diagnosis. Though a diagnosis isn't really going to change anything, besides the last person with a so called cure died because i killed him not on that but Austrian doctor, Hans Asperger of Vienna University Children hospital, thought Aspergers was a talent you could you in adulthood.
|

replied July 25th, 2013
I know the feeling of growing up the way you have, my growing up was quite difficult. I have never actually been diagnosed with AS but I have been told by many people that I show signs of AS. I am a difficult and awkward person and find many things difficult especially social interaction. I have been bullied, poked and prodded all my life by people who dont or cant understand me and try to change me instead of accepting me. I havent many friends and have felt alone all my life.
Getting an assesment is difficult at best as each case is different. If you have difficulty understanding people or with social interaction, often take things literally, have difficulty adjusting to new situations, find it hard to form and maintain relationships, feel awkward and that you dont fit in and no one understands, have difficulty expressing your feelings and showing emotion, understand things differently to others, have abnormal and or repetitive interest, then you most likely have got AS. You just need to pester your doctor to refer you and try to find care and support groups that your doctor could refer you to.
|

replied December 12th, 2013
Just be glad you're not like my friend who got diagnosed with aspergers but is sure he dosent have it, those medical diagnosis will stay with you your entire life.
|

replied January 21st, 2015
Experienced User
I have been diagnosed now and feel a lot happier now I know what is wrong with me. All my life I have been bullied. I have had verbal, physical and sexual abuse because I'm weird.
It annoys me how my friend who also has AS makes out she has had it worse then me when she has never been bullied. Everyone likes her and fusses round her and always tell her how young she looks. Everyone thinks that I look my age :'(
|

replied February 3rd, 2015
Experienced User
I'm sorry I found that hard to understand.
|
Must Read
Start to understand this serious developmental disorder here. We review causes of autism, risk factors for development and other related health conditions...
Researchers believe that environmental and genetic reasons cause autism. But what group(s) are more at risk than others? Autism causes and risk factors here....
Main symptoms of autism involve communication, behavior and social difficulties - but when do these appear? and what symptoms are truly caused by autism?...