Medical Questions > Mental Health > Autism Forum

aspergers and bipolar?

sorry wasnt sure where to put this. can you have both aspergers and bipolar at the same time? i am curious. i have been diagnosed with aspergers but my psych doctor things i may hae a mental illness too. and i know i have had the signs of one but am curious if aspergers could also be bipolar
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper introverted
|

replied June 24th, 2011
I have Aspergers and Bipolar II. It is more than a mental illness in Manic or worse Mixed cycles.
Both ASD and BP have most comorbidities with Anxiety Disorders.
ASD, BP and Schizophrenia have been believed to be wrongfully dianosed many times for each other. Still today there are mistakes, i was given medication inducing Mania several times before diagnosed with BPII.
|

replied June 24th, 2011
Experienced User
oh i see. thanks for answering. yeah my doctor doesnt think i have bipolar as well but somedays i wonder
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...