Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Ashamed! My sister was present at the dis-impaction of my stool

Hello everybody.

I come from an middle europ country. so excuse me for my eventual grammar mistake, bc Engish isn't my mother tongue.

I have some deep psychological issue, because my sister was present when a nurse tore my impacted stool, which was very stressful process for me.

In order to better understand this issue, I will say a bit about me and my sister.

I am forty-year-old, almost blind man who live in a small village which is without ambulance and GP. I have one sister, our parents are deceased. Our paren's home belong entirely to me, because my sister agreed that it belongs to me entirely because of my disability. When dying our mother asked her for it. It wasn't me who asked this.

So, I iive lonely in the house because my sister and me simply couldn't manage to find the job at the same place and live together. However, I am self-employed man and I am proud of that because only one in twenty blind person can get a job here.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 15th, 2014
Re: Ashamed! My sister was present at the dis-impaction of my st
marc007013 wrote:
So, I iive lonely in the house because my sister and me simply couldn't manage to find the job at the same place and live together. However, I am self-employed man and I am proud of that because only one in twenty blind person can get a job here.

The nature and condition of my job demand me to seat long hour at desk nad PC and work long hour, - just in order to survive.

I work from early moring to evening, and every day I have been feeling totaly psychically drained so haven't will at all to do physical activity. I simply eat something, wash myself, clean the house as better as I could with my weak eyesight, and batter down to the bed.

Such long term physical pasivity caused condition I will describe as hideous/occult constipation.

I had regular and ""proper"" bowel movements, but every time of doing that I felt uncompletely emptyed. But, although I worried about this condition, I left it on the backburner being pressured and having stresful job.
|

replied June 15th, 2014
Re: Ashamed! My sister was present at the dis-impaction of my st
[quote="marc007013"]
marc007013 wrote:

I had regular and ""proper"" bowel movements, but every time when doing that I felt uncompletely emptyed. But, although I worried about this condition, I left it on the backburner being pressured and having stresful job.

So I finally got my stool impacted. And it was impacted in the worst time possible. My neighbour is a nurse. When she had free day I come to her seeking that she lift me to emergency ambulance in the nearest town, in which hospital she works as higher ranked nurse. I simply couldn't bear the pain of not being able to empty my bowel. I simply couldn't evacuate the content of my bowel, although I have strong need to push the content out. Simply there was too dry, too big and too hard part of stool to have it done.

At that time, my sister come to visit me, but she intended it to be surprise. Whatsmore, she planned to come to this neighbour first, say hallo, adn have some chit-chat with her.

When I rushed to her home desperately seeking her to lift me to the hospital, I simply wasn't able to see that someone else is in the room, not only her. And that the person siting in the room was nothing less than my own sister.

I will describe this with more detail later. But for now I will tell you that the nurse convinced my sister but not me that, because of my condition, it would be the best solution if she disimpacted my stool, and if my sister help me.

They take booth my hands and lead me to my bad, the nurse solve the problem, but the issue is - my sister was present at that proces, saw me totally naked and I am tremendously ashamed for that reason. If she wasn't present, the problem would be far harder to solve.

I feel strong need to speak to her about that. But I am simply aren't strong enough even to begin to talk about it with her.

How can I find the power to begin it, and How to speak with her about it???
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....