hi, i have swelling or more like thickened wall of my large intestine from under my rib cage down to the groin area and i can feel it with my fingers its larger as it used to be...i feel discomfort there and growling or rumbling sound, sometimes it''s conducted with constipation or diarrhea(only last couple of days, but now its gone), it lasts 5 month and my lower lip is cracked and swelled little bit since then...what should i do? i know the only way is CT scan or MRI but but can you find some clues what it can be?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the description of your symptoms, you might be having either enteritis or inflammatory bowel disease.

The pathologic findings that are common with such conditions include mucusal ulcerations, fissures, dilation of the intestines and or strictures occuring due to fibrosis.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.