Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Asbestosis from the navy

User Profile
In 2000 of jan. i was told that i had asbestosis but i didnt do anything about it but to day my health has turned it getting bad. so i went to doctor they did xrays and a ct scan where they found that is the va that found calcification are see in both hilum, carinal, subcarinal and paratratracheal regions and in the comments it said hilar, mediastinal and pulmonary parenchymal calicifcations. well i am tring to get my disabilty because i was explosure to asbestos back in 1970 in the navy shipyard so are this thing from asbestos explosure please tell me if that is from asbestos explosure????????? looking looking looking :looking:THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS US ALL
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2011
It is not possible for me to diagnose you with asbestosis (or any other lung disease) over the Internet, I'm afraid.

You will have to be referred to a Pumonary Medicine doctor, and you may require a pleural biopsy to clarify what is going on inside your chest.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lung Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.