Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Artificial vitamins and high heart rate and blood pressure

Has anyone heard of Vitamin Pills _causing_ high blood pressure and heart rate?

I used to take vitamins for years but now I find I cannot as they cause my BP and Rate to increase a great deal for many hours. I don't know if they changed the ingredients or if I have developed a sensitivity.

I stopped taking them, but then noticed that at times the same thing was happening from the foods I was eating...the culprit _seems_ to be Enriched Flour...which has (you guessed it ) artificial vitamins.

I'm getting a little scared as I am on a fixed income and almost every food (oddly) is enriched with these artificial vitamins. Even eating a few slices of bread causes my BP and heart rate to shoot up to very high levels. I made the mistake of eating enriched white rice without rinsing off the artificial vitamins...big mistake.

Anyone else experience this? Did they change the way vitamins are made or something?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 10th, 2010
Vitamins and High Blood Pressure
You might consider the fact it's not the vitamins in the bread, but the fact you might be gluten intolerant. All wheat, rye, barley grains contain gluten and many people have sensitivities to it. Search for gluten-free foods and try eating these for 2 weeks to see if it helps. Google "gluten-free foods" and get the list to make it simple. Rice Chex is gluten-free if you're craving carbs. It can't hurt and might be your answer.
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2010
Supporter
i m currently taking omega 3 fatty acids to control my blood pressure. it's doing a good job.
have you talked to your doctor and tried things to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol.
Are you sure it's not something else, if you used to eat the same way you did years ago but having a problem.
|
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....