Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Artificial Insemination

Rolling Eyes Please help, I am going crazy! My husband is a little older than I am and has already had a vasectomy (12 years ago) and we are wanting to have a baby together. I have looked in to the reversal and the sperm aspiration, but I am not sure with there not being a bigger chance that I want to spend 10-15 thousand on it. I was told that since I was health and ovulated correctly that I should try the Artificial Insemination. I was wondering first, would I have to take any fertility drugs for that to happen if I am healthy? and is this something that I can have my gynecologist do in office or do you recommend a fertility clinic? I have an appointment in 2 weeks to see my ob/gyn, but I didn't want to look stupid asking a question like that... someone also told me that I can have the sperm shipped to my house and do it myself... is that true? baffle hb
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2009
Supporter
Research artificial insemination and most web sites have questions that you can ask your OB/GYN. Most OB/GYN are well equipped to handle insemination. I havent heard of sperm being shipped to your home and quite frankly I would be a little hesitant on doing anything like that. Artificial insemination does sound like your best choice because vasectomy reversals are not 100% and you will incur just as much cost.
|

replied September 7th, 2011
Hello there. This is my first post. I am an ex donor and would be glad to answer any questions that any you might have about the donor side of things when it comes to DI. I have seven donor conceived children, all girls. That was a few years ago now.

Cheers
Rudy1
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
Hi Rudy1,
I would like to be artificially inseminated but not sure if my GYN would do this? I am making an appt this week and hopefully can get in soon to speak with her about this. Is there alot of cost involved or was everything covered under insurance? Also did it take along time for you to conceive? Thank you for any info you can give me..

Cathy
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....