I lived with arthritis pain for years before being diagnosed with it at age 14. I've learned to live with the pain and inconvenience, but am always looking for new ideas that will help me cope. I've noticed a positive impact since I stopped eating tomatoes, though I miss them terribly and sometimes cheat a bit.

Now I'm working on a short informational documentary that I hope will prove helpful to others. At the moment, we're focusing on women over 50 who are willing to share their stories about how OA (osteoarthritis) affects their lives and the challenges they face in handling daily responsibilities as well as the daily pain. If you have a story to share, I hope you'll either do so in this thread, or contact me, through private message on this site.

I know too well that OA can bring challenge to each day. I have arthritis from my neck to my toes and will admit that I sometimes feel frustrated and downhearted because of it. Through information and mutual support, I know we can help each other. I'm glad to have found this site.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2011
I feel your pain, your frustration and i know first hand what its like to be in constant pain with every joint and muscle of your body 24/7. for 9 months straight, i became 95% disabled due to the pain, inflammation, all over mucsle and joint pain. Many times i was so overwhlemed withthe pain i just wanted to ended it all. Finally, one day, my husband took me to the RA and demanded them to see me. i had been trying to get an appoinment with my doctor for MONTHS and i couldnt get in. One doctor that saw me, two months ago, immediately put me on 50 mg of prednisone for 5 dsys, tapering off to 40 for 4 days, then 30, then 20, then 10, then 5. That helped reduce the pain and inflammation. I also recieved cortisone shots on my both my ankles to help me walk again and take the pain away. well, the shots did not work for me. my ankles are in constant pain 24/7. i have to take aleve to help with the pain, the swelling and 5 mg of prednisone a day. i have been on prednisone for two years now and am very concerned about the side affects. i am on low doses, 5 to 10 mg a day. i have cut down this week to 2 1/2 mg a day and instead tke aleve for the pain. the prednisone hasnt done anything but mask the problems from what i have noticed.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....