Question I just had arthoscopic knee surgery for the second time for a torn minicus, I am post of for six weeks and am having the same problem with swelling from the knee to my toes, pain,sorness, and a slight limp, my dr. says it might be arthritis which is causing this, but I did not have this condition before the surgery. The cause of the problem comes from a car accident, I was put into a brace for 2 months prior to the surgery, but it seems the surgery has made my condition worst, my Dr now has me on prediszone for inflamation and pain, but I am not too comfortable using a steroid, is there something my Dr might be missing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2009
knee surgery
I had the same surgery, I had a major fall and in the process of taking care of the most injured part of my body, the knee was the last to get repaired. I had developed a situation where I would become unable to walk, without any prior notice. Anyway I had the surgery with the thought it was an easy fix and a quick recovery, it has now been 11 months, I would suggest water theraphy since it was the only way I could move it certain ways without hurting, I am at a loss, now my hip hurts and also the other leg since they have to compensate for the injured one, some days I have my moments where I am just not having any problems, the greatest set back for me is I have to walk slower, and at times it is quite painful, my job is standing on my feet at least 9 hours a day and sometimes 12, of coarse4 that no longer matters since I was off so long I no longer have a job, at age 61 I now know why my mother and her friends were so terrified of falling, it just doesn't go back as is, very disappointed with the knee surgery, not angry with my doctor since sometimes we all heal differently; however I am getting the same thing, first it was more supportive shoes, then it was want a shot, then it was must be my arithis, didn't know I had it in the knee, I wish I would have left it as is, my advice to anyone is waited until it quits compleltely and then have total knee replacement , this is a stupid way to go, and now what??????????oh and then it is I am not doing enough of the physical theraphy programs, whatever, I have moved on and excepted it is just the way it is, I make myself walk even when it hurts, and I sometimes limp something awful and my hip almost doesn't work at times, afraid not to keep pushing it, it beats not walking at all; however wouldn't be nice if someone took it more seriously, I loved it when I was asked what leg hurt? go figure.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....