User Profile
I just started doing some art at night; not as part of any class or instruction by a therapist, but I began drawing and doing watercolors. I've never really done any artwork before, so this is all new to me. I'm sticking to the abstract stuff for now since I can't really draw much.

Anyone else play around with this? Is there a method to doing art therapy or is it pretty much just putting whatever you feel onto paper/canvas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2008
Art
I can't even draw a decent sick figure! Wink

My "artistic" side is usually poetry or literature. I also like writing down thoughts and musings in a diary. I'm been published in minor publications....I do it for fun and release and it's not a money maker or a job by any means.

I've found that since taking my medication, I'm a lot less "artsy"...my rational thought processes are the same (improved even...) but my art side is not what it used to be. Have you felt that as well?

I've heard of some people expressing themselves through art and taking a form of "art therapy". I don't know if this works...but even if it's not "therapy" I think just putting your feelings out there can have a soothing effect.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...