Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Armpit lump and swelling profuse sweating nodes in neck clavicle

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking a question but I think I just scared myself a bit. Firstly I have narcolepsy and cataplexy, I also have had a raised White count and neutraphil count for The past 4 years, haematology have struck a blank, I had bone marrow test and it was still unclear, they said it's too high to sat I haven't got anything wrong but not high enough to diagnose anything, and the parts that were high normally would correlate with other parts being high or low and they didn't. Anyway, this last year or so I have been having really bad sweats all day and night, and passing out all-sorts going on. I've been boardline with lymphadema for couple of years too mainly cervical and auxiliary, I had lumps taking out a few years ago which were cysts and fatty lumps at the side of left breast.
I have glands up everywhere neck inside of ear by my cheeks, clavicle, armpit that goes down and across towards side of breast and shoulder blade...inside of elbow!! Profusely Sweating all day on-off fever, Tingling in arm hands
I've been worried about my breasts for a while, as I have fluid coming out of nipples cream/ slight green then clear fluid but my bras don't feel right either they hurt at the sides and instead of fitting they seem to press on bumps which doctor said is normal. My doctor has been less than helpful for years. When I raise my arm my arm pit sticks out rather than inward so when I shave rather than having to pull my skin a little to get to armpit to shave I just go over it. My sweats in the last 2-4 months have become beyond, all day every day neck hair face chest soaked all the time, and if my arms are bent or legs in a sitting position behind my knees all soaking wet literally dripping off me, my armpit radiate heat and pour with sweat, as does my neck I have glands up behind my head like at base of skull all down my neck and deep in were shoulders meet the neck on corner of shoulders and either glands or knots from side of breast all round should blades glands up all down my arms mainly inside of elbows quite painful. And few weeks ago I felt a lump not big and couldn't see it, unless you looked, it wasn't like a shaving rash spot that you could see was inflamed on the out side it was under the skin in my armpit/right at the top of my arm. It felt like one of the smaller lymph nodes in my neck. So I left it and left it, but the thought of going back to GP just to be dismissed out of hand again led me to sterilise a pin, and pop it!! I though it would be far easier than seeing doctor, also I though it would be fluid or puss, anyway after trying to localise it with one hand which was quite hard to do as I could not just hold the lump it was slightly swollen around the lump which I didn't realise until I tried to pinch it. By the way I tried to pinch it to burst it first before I used a pin, tried to pop it as if a spot on face, it didn't work. I had to put the pin in 3 times and then I could hear/feel it pop, and nothing came out so pressed a bit harder and again could feel it pop again and then pushed it a little further and wiggled the pin about to make the whole slightly bigger then took pin back out and instead of fluid coming out it was like a small blood clot almost.

The lump did shrink in size, it is now only a couple of mm's but still it's there and hard and there is quite a long soft yet hard trial leading from bottom of armpit up to this tiny lump. With a dull ache nothing bad. But now I'm worried that I've popped something more than a cyst or spot and really don't want to go to GP and tell them this now. If it is worse than a cyst and because of the way I drained it, parts of it may have gone into my blood circulation.

Sorry to be a pain and bothering you but need advise from somewhere
Amanda
37 Wales
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2012
you should never try to pop something that could possibly be a lympnode or unknown lump in the breast or armpit area. In that area esp. If it is cancerous, you could cause it to spread faster. I would find another doctor because you definitely need to find out what's wrong with you because it is not normal to have lymph nodes that are constantly swollen- it means your body is fighting an infection of some kind. That in conjunction with the high white blood cell count and profuse sweating and now the new lump in the armpit I would say that you definitely have a medical condition. i would be concerned about cancer ( breast, lymph, or leukemia) , or even possibly HIV. Best of luck, I hope you get well.
|

replied November 20th, 2012
you should never try to pop something that could possibly be a lympnode or unknown lump in the breast or armpit area. In that area esp. If it is cancerous, you could cause it to spread faster. I would find another doctor because you definitely need to find out what's wrong with you because it is not normal to have lymph nodes that are constantly swollen- it means your body is fighting an infection of some kind. That in conjunction with the high white blood cell count and profuse sweating and now the new lump in the armpit I would say that you definitely have a medical condition. i would be concerned about cancer ( breast, lymph, or leukemia) , or even possibly HIV. Best of luck, I hope you get well.
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....