Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Armpit lump and itchy skin and cough without flu, connected?

User Profile
I am a 22 year old female. I recently discovered a lump under my armpit, under the skin. It is not a skin infection as it is not red. It is however tender. For about 2 months now my skin feels like it is being stung by jellyfish, especially on my back and neck. It only last for 3-5 seconds though. I have had a night cough for about 2 months as well. Can these things be linked? I reside in Thailand and cannot at the moment afford to go for a biopsy. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2012
leoVZ, it may be a lymphoma. How deep is the lump? Is it hard? and how large is it? Did you have any trauma to the area? Does it have a small depression in the center or a head like a pimple? Does it move at all or is it stuck in place? If it is more superficial it could be an abscess or Hidradenitis suppurativa which is common in those areas. Also do you preform self breast exams?
|

replied June 2nd, 2012
armpit lumps
usarsof3 i have the same thing on my armpit... it is a hard little lump, had for 2 months now, on and off, i looks like the head of a pimple, it is stuck in place.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....