Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Arm swellling and body building

User Profile
I am a male, in my early 20's, 5'9" ~145lbs with no history of health issues.

Last week I decided to get back into working out after about 2 years off. I headed to GNC and purchased a can of "Cell-Tech", and a box of "Nitro-tech". The Cell-Tech is a creatine supplement which also contains the following ingredients:

- lab-grade dextrose, citric acid, calcium silicate, natural and artificial flavor, modified food starch, gum arabic, titanium dioxide, tricalcium phosphate, xanthan gum, fd&c red no.40.

The Nitro-Tech is basically a protein shake.

I was to take 2 scoops (or 100 g) of the Cell-Tech (creatine) every morning, and directly after workouts for 5 days, and the Nitro-Tech just after every workout.
A few days into my program my left arm (between the bottom of the end of the bicep and the elbow) had become swollen. It freaked me out a little because it didn't hurt (only the expected soreness after working out), no discolor, and I know I didn't push myself that hard. Well, th

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2008
Mens Conditions Answer A4041
It seems to me that 2 years out of body-building made you “softer”. That arm swelling could be due to muscle extension. You can try resting that arm for a while and wait to see what will happen.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.