Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Are you thinking of enlarging your breasts?

Well here's some advice - never ever go through with it. That's if you want to have children later and breast feed them. I had a breast augmentation in my thirties out of sheer vanity and insecurity about my breast size, then seven years later I got pregnant. While the implants were behind the muscle, they caused terrible problems for breast feeding, my breasts blew up like balloons and I quickly developed mastitis. Feeding felt like razer blades, and then I developed a cyst the size of a 50 cent coin in my left breast which required antibiotics and nearly hospitalisation.
To not be able to feed my baby anymore the way nature has intended and to have to give the feeding away for tinned formula, which has no immunity and is basically sterile was one of the most painful decisions I have ever been through. Plus, I always had the feeling that feeding my baby on the breast wasn't entirely safe - what if the implants leaked? Surgeons will tell you that its fine, of course because they want the business, and lets face it, cosmetic surgery is now big business.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper candyjane
|

replied July 4th, 2011
Yes its true that breastfeeding after breast augmentation causes lots of problem but there are certain ways by which it can be solved.
|

replied July 17th, 2011
breast
i am a male who wants to get breast i should say transexuel
|