Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

Are you suppose to be able to feel the vein in back of neck?

So I’ve been worried about my veins lately. Blue veins in my legs are starting to become more visible. Maybe it’s because I’m so white idk. But my question is that is it normal to be able to feel the vein in the left side back of the neck that kinda runs into the shoulder?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Too much prominent veins are varicose veins you should consult your local Sargon and let them have a look if these veins are and swell further when you stand for a longer period of time , or it makes your walking difficult and you feel pain in your legs that can handle your daily activity then your general Sargon will help you with it,s management. It could simply be blue color veins which is more prominent in white skin and in this case you would not need anything to do only you local general Sargon will help you .Decide what to do next .

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vascular and Circulatory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.