Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Are these symptoms typical of lymph node infection?

About 8 months ago I would get like sharp pain shoot through one under arm-- then that would come and go and then it would do it to the other arm. I ignored it for a long time because it would come and go. Really I figured it had to have something with what I am almost certain is eczema on my left foot...(went to Dermotologist. Her best guess).

Anyway as time has gone on the "pressure" and sometimes sharp pains under the arms came more frequently and in the last several weeks has come to stay. In addition all lymph nodes have let me know they are there... neck; back of headclavical; breasts; bend of arm; groin area. What I mean by "letting me know they were there is either a quick shooting pain or a continual pressure. They are not sore to touch.

In the last 4 days I have night sweats and the last 2 days had low grade fever. Does this sound like a possible infection that antibiotics could clear up? I put this in this forum because I didn't know where else to ask. Anybody know?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 26th, 2012
After having read a few of the posts here it reminded me of a couple of other weird symptoms which may or may not be related.

Probably about 3 months or so ago I started with this weird feeling in my lungs when I laid down. It felt like fluid was on them and it made it difficult to breath. I would really struggle to get comfortable. It wasnt every night. It went away after a couple of months and just the other night I had a bad episode of it.

I know you are probably thinking why hasn't this woman gone to the doctor...well Ive been really busy raising kids and have put myself last.
|

replied August 27th, 2012
Went to get blood work this morning. And a mammogram. Did not have night sweats last. Yeah. Now just that waiting game. I know something isn't right or all these lymph nodes wouldn't be over reacting. The other night it felt like the ones around my breasted were burning.

So Ill ask again... does anybody think this is just a full body infection or something worse?
|

replied August 27th, 2012
Did you find out what it was? I am having some of the same issues and I am scared.
|

replied August 28th, 2012
No this was a recent post. Its probably going to be a while before I do. My Dr. Appointments are not until next week and the week after.

I also have pain in my left side. Feel positive this is my spleen. Like I said it seems my whole body is freaking out.

I live in hurricane Isaac's path but have become way more concerned about what my body is doing right now because... I started itching all over last night. Because I am rarely a person who thinks there something wrong (prime example why I didn't go to the Dr 8 months ago) I am starting to get worried. Maybe I should have never found this board. Maybe its psychosymatic. Besides doesn't seem like anybody really knows anymore than I do. More questions than answers.

Hope you and I both turn out okay.
|

replied August 31st, 2012
Just an update. Still no more night sweats. This though is the 5th day with low grade fever. Got a form letter 2 days after my mammogram stating it was normal. Still pain in mid left back side of back. Lymph nodes have gone down but still getting random shoots of pain through random nodes throughout the day. No other itching.

Just feel a little yucky. A little tired. Otherwise better than I felt last week.

Still wish somebody had an idea what's going on with me. Still another 5 days untill my Dr. Appointment.
|

replied September 3rd, 2012
Finally no fever today. Itches all over all day yesterday. But today no itch. Go figure? Feeling better. Of course I do -- my doctor's appointments are almost here.
|

replied September 28th, 2012
I always feel better when I have a doctor appt. I go back to a surgeon about swollen lymph nodes under left armpit next week on Thursday. The plan was to do node removal if it was still sore. I've had soreness/ pain for three years. I have a cyst in my breast that has gotten bigger each year but they say it is benign. After reading a lot of these posts I am more confused about what to do. Now I'm thinking I would do biopsy instead of removal because some one posted such severe post-surgical pain I fear it. I now have more painful nodes and even one under my right breast. Of course the doctors and mammogram people all act so nonchalant I feel like a hypochodriac for worrying about lymphoma. Your name caught my attention as I have itchy feet and ankles many nights now and it interferes with me going to sleep.
|

replied September 8th, 2012
So this what's going on now....nothing! No fever. No swollen lymph nodes. No itchy. No trouble breathing. I feel better than I have for months! I feel a little cookery though because I don't understand what was going on with myself. I mean if I had a fairly sudden onset and stayed a brief time...hands down I would say it was a virus or something. But just the fact it came on so slow and lasted for months mildly and weeks strong makes me go hmmm.

I will find out results of blood test this week. But the good news is I am back to where I was in Jan and Feb...which is not too concerned. Yeah!
|

replied September 16th, 2012
Just incase somebody out there wanted an update... I went to my appointment this past week to get blood results. I show up but the Dr did not. So they rescheduled my appt for the 25th!!! Crazy.

The good news is that I have been feeling pretty good so I am not worried. After I get the results (whoopee) and I share that they find nothing (because I feel sure that is what it will be) I will delete this thread.

Our bodies are a curious thing...that is why they "practice" medicine... who knows why my body exhibited all those symptoms...
|

replied September 25th, 2012
Okay here's the blood results...most everything was normal...except my thyroid. He still wants me to have chest dray just to make sure...but I'm sure that will come out clear too.

My cholesterol was higher than its ever been. Any way...that's that. The funny thing is that this afternoon I had some of those pains shoot through a couple lymphnodes after seeing the Dr.

Cant imagine what its all about
|

replied October 10th, 2012
Here is an update. The lymph node pain has come back as bad as it ever was. I went to the health food store and made some new purchases today that are supposed to boost my immune. I had already started a couple weeks ago taking b3; flax seed oil; vitamin C; and a couple other things THREE times a day! And though these pains have come back so strong I am amazed at how my eczema "itchy foot" has begun to heal. I want to shout that from a mountain top because I have been dealing with it for almost 4 years. I know doctors don't put a lot of faith in just nutrition healing our bodies but I am going to give it a good try...afterall doctors don't even know what's wrong with me... BTW my fatigue has gotten worse as the lymph pain has gotten worse. Ill let you know how it turns out.
|

replied April 22nd, 2013
here I go again. pains in neck/throat area, under jaws, arm pits. Going to try a new Dr. in a week. Tendinitis in arms is horrible! Arms are getting weaker and stiffer and more painful especially at night. I feel tired and crappy most of the time. Eczema came back with a vengeance! What is wrong!!!??? I need fixing.
|

replied September 1st, 2017
Strange but I am having the exact same issue.. the shooting pain in my armpit would come and go after 3 days.. what did u eventually establish as the cause of this mate?
|