Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Suggestions Forum

Are no signatures with links allowed?

User Profile
Hello. I like to study about vitamins and alternative medicine and I like to join health forums. However I prefer forums where I can post a link to my home page in my signature.

I understand if forums want to ban all links in messages--that is hard to moderate. But signatures can be moderated easily and can even require authorization to activate.

I understand that some 'webmasters' can be pests. However the pests can be banned. Meanwhile, logically the most knowledgeable people will have a home page. To disallow a home link in signatures is to leave out an incentive for these serious people to participate.

In short, there are many health forums to join and I would like to join this one. However I have decided to give priority to forums that allow me to personalize my messages with tasteful and inconspicuous signature links.

Perhaps I am incorrect and these are allowed here? Or being considered? If so please let me know. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2009
Advanced Support Team
Hi and sorry for the delay in response. For some reason, your message did not show up until now?!

We're considering adding signatures for members sometime soon. For now, we disallow sigs to discourage spamming. Look for signatures sometime soon, though, as part of our extended user features.

User Profile
Smile Hello thank you for the response.

Rolling Eyes By the way. I posted a similar message in another health forum with a similar name. Their reply was immediately to ban me and delete all my messages. I simply received a notice stating: "Ban reason: does not want rules." Just for making a suggestion in their official "suggestion" subforum. Meanwhile their website is overloaded with tacky advertising. Now that's what I call unfriendly, impersonal and exploitative. I certainly like your attitude better hahaha.

By the way I almost didn't recieve notice of your reply because your notification software puts a blank "to" line in the email header. So it was not recognized by my filters. Also your forum software is a bit awkward generally. I suggest you consider getting vBulletin.com software which is the usual standard.

In any case, best of luck with your forum. I will be checking in periodically to see how you're getting on.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Thanks, krystof!

We have an open-door policy...and as this forum is driven by our users, we believe in listening to them and giving them what they want!

I'll take your suggestions to our IT team. The notification software is definitely something we'll be working on. What features do you think we might include that would help users?

replied August 10th, 2010
How do we add signatures here in ehealthforum? Can you please help me?
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2010
Advanced Support Team
Hi mmopiniano. We've disallowed signatures because they are an open door for spammers to add links indiscriminately. We'll let the community know if we change this practice by broadcasting an announcement in all forums.

Thanks for understanding!

The Admin Team