Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Are bumps normal for yeast infection?

I've had a yeast infection before when i was taking antiobiotics for bronchitis so I know the symptoms and feelings. I was told recently by tests that my ph balance was off and have been taking pro biotics. I got symptoms of a uti a few days ago and after about 3 days of taking them I got yeast infection symptoms. I was proscribed the one time pill for that. But my concern is I have small bumps that are really bothering me. The internal swelling and itching has gone away mostly but it seems the bumps are bothering me more. This has all happened in one day. So I'm hoping the bumps go away because I just took that pill this morning but the bumps are scaring me. Is this normal to get bumps with a yeast infection?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2013

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the painful pimple on the vagina. It seems like folliculitis or boils. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus.

Apply warm compresses on the bumps and keep the area clean. You should consult a doctor as you might need a course of antibiotics(topical and oral)/anti-inflammatories to take care of the same.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.