Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Applying pressure on body part and a hive like lump forms.

Every time I apply pressure around my face or body I break out in lumps. For example, I bite my lip and my lips swell up on one side where I bit it. Or when I was tired I kept rubbing above my eye lid and then I broke out in a lump similar like a hive. Right now I squeezed on my cheek by my lip and now I got a bump and I keep wanting to touch it and it gets worse. I thought maybe it is an allergy, but I never read anywhere that just by applying pressure on a area can cause it at any point of day/time. Do I have some sort of disease?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
Two of my daughters and I all have this same thing. It is called Dermatographic Urticaria. I have dealt with this for over 20 years. Allergy tablets will help sometimes, but if it is flaring bad enough only a cold pack and time without touching the area works. It can drive me almost crazy at times. A dermatologist can diagnose it for sure, but there really is not anything to do other than hydrocortisone cream or allergy tablets. But they dont always work. I am attatching a link to information about this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatographi c_urticaria
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....