Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Anyone Concerned about Breast Cancer

User Profile
Please go to your OB/GYN & just get it checked out. All the worrying doesn't do any good anyway. It may be nothing and if not, at least you'll catch it early. A Mammogram & a great pathologist saved my life at 39. The tests are so good now that they can detect early cancer and also put your minds at ease that most of the time it is nothing. I had a base line mammo done when I was 35 and because of it, they saw very small growth in microcalcifications. Not all microcalcifications are cancerous, for the record. But the great thing is they caught it way before it became invasive cancer. So ask yourself, "Wouldn't it be a relief to know it is nothing? If it is something, wouldn't you be glad that catching it early could be way easier for you and your family and your treatment options way easier too?" Do yourself a favor and don't let fear or embarrassment prevent you from peace of mind. So ladies, go get the Ta Tas squashed! It's no big deal. Write me if you have any questions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Get Your Mammogram Regularly...
Hi CharlieJane: I just found out about a very good friend of ours whose wife has breast cancer...It was a shock to them as well as us when we found it out...It had also gone into the lympth glands..Surgery was performed and she is now in the process of 22 weeks of Chemo Therapy...She is 43....My prayers and hopes to her family....

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2011
Experienced User
Breast Cancer
HI CAROLINE,
I'm sorry to hear about your close friend. My mom's best friend died of breast cancer when I was a teenager so I know how you feel having someone so close have to struggle with this. Just a note of encouragement....things are very different than they were 10 years ago, even a couple years ago. There are many women who have had breast cancer and survived. Also, if your friend is going through the reconstruction process, there are women there who can grant you access to a picture forum. It has been great to see women like me end up looking great in the end and also to connect with women who have gone through the exact same process. You can ask me any questions and I'll try to be helpful and direct you in the right direction. My prayers are for your friend, her family and for you. Providing support can be stressful for you so don't forget to get yourself support too. Best wishes. CharlieJane
|
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....