Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

any idea why this odd behavior would occur?

User Profile
A few days ago I fell, slamming my head against the corner of a dresser, requiring 4 stitches for a fairly deep gash. Since I have developed headache, dizziness, a general feeling of being off balance. Went to doctor and he says concussion, plans to schedule a CT. My question is about a behavior that has developed in the last couple of days. I keep having the urge to lie on the floor, any floor. At home, the doctor's office exam room, storage building(dirty floor). Now I can resist when it would be totally inappropriate, such as storage building or doctor's office. My question is do you have any idea why this odd behavior would occur? Is it, as I suspect, related to the concussion? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mouse

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2014
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A50172
Thank you for consulting e-healthforum. Compulsive behavior is not likely related to head injury. There most likely should be other explanation.

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.