Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

any explanation besides gastric dumping syndrome

User Profile
I have been suffering from severe fatigue for most of my life and had my first hypoglycaemia episode when I was about 11 years old.
I have visited many doctors over the years and had many tests done which all came back normal.

However I recently decided to measure my own blood sugars at home. I ate a high carb meal with a sugary energy drink. My sugar level was 5.6 before the meal, 7.3 directly after the meal and 2.2 one hour after the meal.

I can not find any explanation of the rapid change other than gastric dumping syndrome which does not apply to me as I have never had stomach surgery.

Throughout my life I have alsp experienced severe hormonal swings and wondering if this has something to do with it. I was diagnosed with pcos at one point then a few months later told I didn't have it as my bloods were now normal. Can anyone help?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2016
Hypoglycemia Answer A59153
It is more likely that you have a severe anxiety or OCD about having medical issues, which have not been confirmed by your doctors after a proper examination.

Your symptoms are more likely psychogenic.

It would be best that you consult a psychiatrist and seek proper help to manage your anxiety.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hypoglycemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.