Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxious feeling of oncoming death

I am 18 years old and for the past 5-6 months my mind has become filled with the thought of my own death. I don't think these thoughts are normal (none of my friends can relate). At the time the thoughts began my sister was pregnant with my first and only niece. They began as thoughts such as "before I die I want to see my niece" and ever since I saw her I began to think I was nearing the end.
I become anxious at night time and when I am alone the most, though sometimes I find myself becoming depressed around family and friends at the thought of my own death. I especially get nervous when it comes time for me to take road trips between home and school ( a two hour drive ). When I make it to my destination safely, the thoughts will subside until it is time to hit the road again.
I am a Christian and I am trying to build a closer relationship with God now. I believe in heaven and hell, so there is no thoughts that I will die and go into a dark abyss.
I am not suicidal, but I just have this reoccurring feeling and I am unsure of how to make it stop. If I am going to die I don't want to worry about it every day. I want to be at peace with the thought of death and be able to live my life without anxiety of it's arrival.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...