User Profile
Hi everyone hope you are all ok. In the past few months my anxiety has risen due to a number of things I have a very stressful job, I have no friends I'm just a constant worrier . I very rarely sleep without medication i overthink scenarios in my head of things that can happen. Most days at work I shake ,stutter , go red faced . I feel my confidence is taking a downward spiral. I've started taking both propanol and diazepam just to get me through the day. Surely things are not supposed to feel bad on a day to day basis. Thanks in advance

Sponge Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2014
I use to get panic attacks i still get heart flutters i feel like my heart stops beating and my head spends along with it ..I stop slowly in taking meds i drink alot of herb teas no caffine at all and most important i left it in Gods hands and his tsking them away ....
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 27th, 2014
Experienced User
Anxiety is the negative effect of imagination and can occur spontaneously, and against our will. If we encounter an incident which hurts us, and if we are unable to adequately understand, resolve or communicate our feelings about this incident, then it is automatically stored in the subconscious mind. If we then encounter the same or a similar incident at a later date, this "hurt" is automatically "recalled" by our subconscious mind. We are reminded that this incident is responsible for a "past hurt" through a change in our feelings. We will begin to feel uncomfortable, nervous, anxious, dizzy, weak. ,We may experience headaches, nausea or even complete paralysis. In some cases these symptoms can be experienced by just thinking about the situation!

Three skills must be learnt to overcome anxiety:

Firstly, a method of releasing or handling the subconscious "hurt memories" which have been stored.
Secondly, developing self-confidence to deal with the actual situation which triggers the anxiety.
Thirdly, developing new responses to express the emotions that are felt when the situation recurs.
|

replied January 30th, 2014
Stop MAstubration Dude. It causes Social anxiety. Whatever the FDA and other doctors say. The fact remains. Actually, there were hundreds of reseach on mastubration and neurlogical causes, but as I think for someone it is really relaiable to have the public sick including by mastubration.
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2014
I get heart flutters too! It feels like there is pressure on my chest and I get so anxious I feel like I'm dying. Has anyone found anything else that helps relieve stress besides deep breathing and exercise?
|

replied January 31st, 2014
Finding healthy, fun ways to survive with stress helps most people. ou can learn and practice different ways to help you relax, find out about yoga, tai chi, or meditation to get out of stress or anxiety.
|

replied January 31st, 2014
I've been having trouble with anxiety to the point one day I worried myself sick whether the guy I am with is the right person for me, even though I know deep down in my heart he is. Causing me major panics and worries about what the future may hold. Any ideas of what I should do? I have got to the point I have a mental block that everything I used to do that was interesting or made me happy just seems boring. What has happened to me!!!!
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2014
Hey sponge, sorry to hear you are a fellow anxiety sufferer, I can tell you from experience to manage your anxiety, particularly if it is a daily constant in your life, involves educating yourself on a number of factors, I'll list what they are and also some places to find help, obviously always seek the advice of your doctor when dealing with any persistent health issue.

1) Calming your nervous system - the physical reason that people suffer from anxiety and panic attacks is that their nervous systems get overwhelmed, this can be caused by many things, e.g. stress, poor nutrition.

A really good book to help with this is called "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross, she is a genius when it comes to dealing with anxiety and naturally too.

2) Identify what's triggering your anxiety - Although it's not always the case anxiety / panic attacks are often triggered by events or by being in certain situations, sometimes they can be your mind replaying stressful events that have happened in the past which are triggered by a present day event. A good way of identifying and relieving these is by using cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Sometimes just simply understanding what's causing parts of your anxiety can bring relief.

There are plenty of helpful books on CBT and plenty of organisations around that offer help, just try doing a few web searches for cognitive behavioural therapy.

3) Look after yourself - This can be a difficult one for a lot of people but looking after your body and mind is really important if you suffer from anxiety. Something as simple as drinking too much coffee or eating too much sugar can cause high levels of anxiety in some people. You don't necessary need to become a health nut but just try and eat sensibly, get enough sleep, don't drink too much alcohol and the big one....take time to relax.

Well I hope some if this helps and don't worry your certainly not alone and the fact that you have recognised your anxiety and want to do something about it is really positive.

All the best.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...