Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxious about schizophrenia

hello, my name is Nick im 17 going on 18 in a month. for the last year i have gone threw hell with worry. i thought i had a brain tumor for close to a year until i have a CT scan and an MRI. i also worried about having brain anurism,MS,leukimea and many others. i am likely a hypochondriac but i did the linden menthod program as well as Panic away and i learned skills to cope. but now im worried that i might become schizophrenitic in the near fiture as it affects people in their late teens. i am so worried about it happening and how it would effect my life. i have no family history however my mom had chikenpox while she was pregnant with me, although i was born perfectly healthy i am worried theres a chance is could cause schizophrenia as iv read it could. im really really worried. i also used to smoke alot of pot and quit a year ago, a week later my anxiety showed itself. please write back
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey i think you need to go visit your doctor and tell him/her about these problems you are having because you are going to make yourself ill if you keep on thinking you have all these problems....The pot will not have helped with your paranoia....but at least you don't smoke it anymore...Good luck jenny
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey i think you need to go visit your doctor and tell him/her about these problems you are having because you are going to make yourself ill if you keep on thinking you have all these problems....The pot will not have helped with your paranoia....but at least you don't smoke it anymore...Good luck jenny
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....