Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety, Stress, OCD? I'm confused, and scared

Hi all :\
I am 13 years old, and have OCD. Last summer I suffered from violent thoughts of hurting family members, and I was so depressed for 3 months, until school started again.
This summer, I recieved the same problem. This problem shortly went away: and started focusing on gorier things, such as CSI, things I heard on the news, torture, etc.
This also went away after I mastered a desensitization technique.

Lately, I have been afraid I'm like James Holmes, a bad person, and will end up killing my mother (I think it's targeted towards her since it's that mother daughter type thing). I say this, because I have little to no emotion anymore. I am not on any medications, and I never have been. I recently stopped having emotions, about a week or two ago. The only emotion I have is a slightly bad one. I used to feel SO HORRIBLE, but now I feel little to nothing. I am afraid I want to kill people, as a result, that I don't feel bad when these thoughts come up.

I am currently going to a therapist, but since they're closed on the weekend, this is my only option. I used to cringe every time a thought like this came up, but now I have a giddy but VERY VERY minorly bad feeling, like a momentarily pit in my stomach that goes away in less than a second, which sometimes I don't even feel. I love my family, sure, my mom can annoy me sometimes but it's not like I hate her. I'm confused, and scared (I am scared, but I don't feel it.)

Am I evil, do I want to kill people, am I a bad person?
HELP!
Please Sad <----- Can't feel that frowny face.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2012
Advanced Support Team
I would encourage you to please continue seeing and talking to your therapist. Please consider calling 911 if you feel that you are going to hurt yourself or another person. I hope other users on this board are able to give you some encouragement and/or advice. Wishing you the best!

replied August 16th, 2012
no, this is not normal. You are right about that but until you act on one of these thoughts you are definitely not crazy. I suggest telling your therapist ASAP that you need to get some tests ran &whatever else you may need to find the imbalance in your brain &work on correcting it. May not even require meds, simple exercises can be helpful. I personally cannot relate to wanting to hurt myself or others but if you recognize it..do something about it ASAP. Therapist isn't available, I agree- call 911 or go to local ER.

Think happy thoughts & get help. Life is short....All the best
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...