So years ago my son had a suspected case of scabies. Most likely it was excema due to being in a sleeper. However I have been scarred ever since then (4 years ago). Now despite being medicated (lexapro and buspar) I have bouts of skin searching. I am convinced every bump or tiny line on my skin is scabies. just talking about it makes my blood pressure rise up and I get racy feeling. I know I probably over use the hand sanitizer. And I have noticed recently that I have almost unnoticeable bumps on the sides (not webbing) of my fingers which I'm pretty sure is dishydrotic excema. Granted these bumps almsot never itch UNLESS I think about it. But they don't keep me awake at night and as I said are so barely there my husband says he can't really see them. I try to read about scabies but it just triggers me thinking once again that I have them. No one else is suffering from bumps or anything that would lead me to believe we (logically) have them. And I've had a doctor tell me numerous times I don't have them. Everyone in the family suffers from some sort of excema so I understand that I should get over this but still I go through these phases. Anyone have any insight or advise.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 10th, 2013
Experienced User
please note that anything related to something being under my skin is a huge trigger for me. So listing a million possibilities of what it could be will not be helpful for me. NOT being rude but at this point I am mainly looking for advice as to how to deal with this fear. Thank you
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...