Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety problems I don't just feel normal sometimes

Hello, I'm 18 years old, i've been facing anxiety since last year, well, got some questions, is anxiety dangerous ? then I'd like to ask about what's happening to me, well, I feel like I'm getting crazy, like it ain't me, I don't just feel normal, sometimes I do things, and ask myself, what I'm doing ? or where am I ? I feel so scared of going crazy, one of my friends told that it's normal, and that he faced this things at my age too, since he's 2 years older then me. It's summer, eveyone is happy, and profiting, except me, I just want to get back to normal. please tell if anyone faced this kind of things before, and do i'll get through it ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 2nd, 2014
Some anxiety at your age is normal. I seriously doubt everyone around you is happy, it may seem like it, they may put on a happy face but everyone worries and is stressed at times. If the anxiety is excessive then it will eventually cause health problems. Anxiety causes the adrenal glands to pump out excess cortisol. Cortisol is the hormone that tells your body to break down anything it can for energy. Overtime or in high concentrations cortisol will trigger the breakdown of parts of your body that you don't want to breakdown (organs, muscles, ect.). This can obviously be a problem. So if you feel like the anxiety is frequent or very strong then you should definitely consider either talking to someone or taking some stress fighting supplements: B vitamins, calming herbs (valerian, GABA, theanine), adrenal glandulars. There are plenty of supplement on the market today for stress, just make sure whatever you get is third party tested (the supplement industry is not very regulated so unless the company is tested by a third party it may not contain the ingredients it claims) and preferably is a whole food supplement. If supplements do not work you can talk to your doctor about prescription anti-anxiety medication but I have tried this and do not like how it makes me feel, works for some people though. Good luck!
|

replied June 3rd, 2014
Thanks, I've been taking anxiety medication too named ' deproxyl ' it contains paroxetine, it have some side effects, like being too much excited, that's why I quit. Then if it's a normal thing that happens at my age, why taking medications ? I don't want to link my life to a medication, especially this kind of medication, that conatain drugs like paroxetine.
Anyway, feeling better today, wish I stay like this.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...