Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
rainbow HiilOo... So i have anxiety. To be more clear I have a very challenging time feeling Safe...with people, in almost any situation I dont feel Safe, or am anxious . Which, also, has to do a lot with the how I was treated as a child. But I also am Very sensitive to peoples energy, and am able to sense, feel, understand and know other peoples pain and things about them without them saying any words to me, and I feel it all within me. Mostly, because of this I dont feel safe. And feeling Safe is very vital for me, and i suffer silently cuz i am not understood. And i dont have coping methods really for assuring my self that I am safe, Most importantly if not with other people, with myself! (((: I just want to be and feel safe, any suggestions ? I also feel powerless at times, because I Do Not judge others, and they judge me...therefore I judge my self. So because i judge my self i feel like i have all these things wrong with me (negative thoughts towards myself) and i jus wish that people would not judge me or others. because i am very hard on my self and i have to be kind to myself. I have try to kill my spirit before, and it didnt work...so i know that i am supposed to be in the world. Anybody that understands this kind of anxiety would be lovely to hear from you <3 rainbow rainbow
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper innerscent
|

replied July 26th, 2011
Experienced User
Hi Quincess,
I understand you so much because I had same problem as you. I had very bad panic attack I ended up in emergency 3 times. The last time I was a way from home I was feeling like every thing around me was spinning and failed on the floor and all I know i was in ambulance and my wife had to fly 3k miles to help me.
A friend of mine who had same problem and told me he read a book that helped here to get over it. AND THE BOOK WILL TELLS YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG AND FACE THE LIFE. Please go to book store and find a good book and read it word by word, I don't remember the book name but most of the books will help. I tell you one think the day you will be leaving this life you will regret it for being unhappy for any moment in your life.
You might need to plan for your future to see what you want from life and there are so many ways to achive it.
Try to contact any organizations that can help you.
I feel so foolish to let PANIC attacks me in the past.
Please read and read about panic attack and you will learn a lot about it and how to fight it.
It is true the child life can have great effect on you also did to me, what I did I standed in front of mirror and talked about my past in loud voice and cried and did not let my past hurt me any more because I did not do anything wrong and do not regret for my past.
Sorry, english is my second language and I can't express my feeling better than this.
You are more than what you think about yourself.
With love
|

replied August 7th, 2011
I also started having panic attacks after birth of third child: out of nowhere. I was in ER twice and they never told me it was panic attack, nor did they give any meds. Loads of tests and out. My Internist told me eventually. Talk about a waste of oney (each ER visit was VERY expensive). Anyway, now I know what it is, and grab a glass of Shiraz when I feel it coming on. It does not go away quickly, but once I fall asleep I am okay. I have had only 5 panic attacks for what it is worth. But they were DOOZIES!!!!! I think once we know what the problem is, and that we will not die, it can be oversome.
Michelle
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2011
Thank you for your compassion <3
|

replied July 27th, 2011
hello there,

dealing with depression is really a big one. When you are stress or tired you get easily irritated and become impatient. Aromatherapy can help us during the attacks of panic. It can help us calm our mind and relax our emotion. I always bring with me a bottle of essential oils that can help relax

hope it can help
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2011
THANKS ((: I love lavendar..helps a lot with calming my mind.
|

replied July 31st, 2011
Yeah right.love it too..

know what aside from lavender you can also use eucalyptus or peppermint oil to calm and ease you during panic attacks. Its really a problem of mine too. Especially when I am nervous I easily loss my breathe and makes me look pale and weak. Wherever I go I always bring a bottle of relaxing and calming oil..
hope it can be effective for you.=)
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2011
Yes, i forget to breathe too... I dont like panic attacks, they are difficult to understand the reasons cuz theyre diff with everyone ya know..but yes! i will try peppermint! havnt tried that one yet (:
|

replied August 3rd, 2011
Ohh it really helps you a lot. Hope you've become better..Enjoy the delicate scent of it..Smile more..=)
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied August 3rd, 2011
During an attack, automatic and uncontrolled catastrophic thoughts fill the mind of the person, who can't think clearly and is worried that these symptoms are really dangerous. The panic attack is manifested by a sudden surge of fear, which appears without warning and without a specific reason. This fear causes an automatic, rapid protective response that occurs without the need for conscious thought. Symptoms include:

* Increased heart rate
* Difficulty in breathing
* Almost paralyzing terror
* Dizziness, nausea
* Tremor, sweating, agitation
* Choking, chest pain
* Hot flashes or sudden chills
* Tingling in hands or feet
* Fear of dying or going crazy

The panic attack does not put your life in danger, but leads you to believe you are losing your mind and it makes you feel paralyzed and out of control, so it can cause complications such as phobias, depression, abuse of drugs and sometimes even suicide.
|

replied August 8th, 2011
anxiety attacks!
Have you heard of Maxalife? They have this supplement that actually helps to enhance my negative mood and it definitely makes a difference when I feel an anxiety attack setting in...
|