I had a wisdom tooth removed 6 weeks ago. I was getting horrendous stabbing pains like an exposed nerve. Two weeks later the pain came back and started to give me really bad anxiety and I felt panicky and sick all the time. I had another tooth removed which the dentist was pretty sure was the culprit.
Since then I have been getting little electric shocks in my teeth, not painful but not a particularly nice feeling. This is also accompanied with headaches, sore throat, painful sinuses and an overall groggy feeling. I am also super tired all the time. I don't know if this is still the anxiety playing havoc with me worrying that the pain may come back and worrying that removing the tooth didn't work. I keep getting waves of panic come over me and I can feel quite light headed not to mention in a cranky mood all the time. I feel like my body is giving up on me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2017
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description, it appears to be anxiety related to the pain that you have undergone as a result of the dental procedures. You may ask your GP to advise anxiolytics particularly before and during these procedures for them to go more smoothly and for you to not experience a traumatic time that may affect the recovery process. Lorazepam or bromezepam which are benzodiazepines can be advised in this regard. If your sleep is disturbed then they can be taken at night time additionally.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.