Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

anxiety or early schizophrenia

Hey everyone
Im michael and im 24 and Would like to know is possible for me to have or get schizophrenia, i have been tested for it when i was 19 and showed no signs of schizo but have social anxiety disorder with mild depression and aspergers alsoi believe i have ocd not been tested tho, i also have a history of abuse caused by my older brother from age 11 till15I have a family history of anxiety and schizo, my granddad has schzio and my brother, i am very scared about becoming schizo,
I've been recently been having panic attacks and been having a lot of other problems including;
Obsessive thinking
insomnia
headaches
Difficulty concentrating
Forgetfulness
Feeling like crying and screaming
Unwanted violent thoughts
Weird thoughts
Feeling angry
Hearing sounds before i go to sleep
Believing stange thought before i sleep
Thinking im going to hallucinate or hearing things, checking sounds to see if there real (almost all of the time they are)
Caring less about what freinds are talking about
Avoiding social situations
Seeing shapes in the dark
Becoming slightly paranoid (like someone is laughing and thinking they are laughing at me or walking past someone and think there looking at me)
Lack of energy feeling tired all the time
Heart beating fast

but I've never heard voices or seen things or lost touch with reality while im fully awake, i started having panic attacks stupidly after i eat some chicken that i thought could be go off and freck out after i started feeling strange and thought i was going to die lol ever since than i been obsessing about schizo and thinking im losing my mind.
I have been seeing a counsellor and they say im proberly just anxious and all my freinds say im being stupid, im going to see my doc in 2 weeks but would like to know anyway because it driving me nuts lol and been on egde all the time
Sorry for the long message and thank anyone for there reply it means a lot to me Smile
Kind regards michael
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 30th, 2012
Anxiety/schizophrenia/ocd
Michael I am also going through basically the same thing as you. I feel like I can't control my thoughts and Im constantly paranoid about developing schizophrenia to the point that I convince myself I have the disorder. I have unwanted intrusive thoughts and I do not feel like myself anymore as I used to be a happy and carefree person. I also suffer from constant headaches and occasional pain attacks. I no longer feel the desire to connect socially with people and I am constantly online researching my symptoms and whether or not they are a sign of schizophrenia. I analyze every thought that pops into my head and question everyone and everything around me. I feel like i can relate to you which is nice in a way because I'm too embarrassed to share this with my family and friends and my boyfriend does not seem to understand it. I plan to make an appointment with a counselor at my university tomorrow. I hope all goes well with you! Good luck and keep me posted.
|
Users who thank kelciam for this post: guest25430 

replied May 31st, 2012
Hey kelciam thqnks for the reply, yeah i went t hospital yesterday because i was scared and they said that i have depression and a anxiety disorder they gave me diazepam which helps well with the panic attacks, but i still feel angry and sad and have intrusive thinking but they said thats do to depression not a metal illness, i told them every single thing i was having and was thinking and they said because i can tell the differents between real and unreal deep down im not metal ill just have issues,
Im going to see a conslor about this and i may need anti depressive for my mood sering the gp tommorow, anyway thanks for reply and i hope this helps, and understand i know what its like to think like this and how scary it is, and u do fell like no one understands your pain but understand be patient with your loved ones that dont get it because they never felt it and until they feel like this they dont understand,
When i told my freind i have depression he laughed and said got over it because he thinks im a little sad but i understand that he's never felt this so i unstand why he thinks this, what im saying is forgive your love ones for being ignorant, they have never felt this kind of pain before, But dont think there not there for u or dont care for u or dont understand u they just dont get your pain, trust me hang in there it will be hard but u will get better, if u need to talk to someone reply i will talk via this if u want
Kind regard michael
|

replied May 31st, 2012
Sorry i should of explaned a bit more, its not your logical thinking side of u that thinks these intrusive thoughts its your emothions that make u think this the depression, for exsample a mother suffering from postnatal depression would think about killing her baby does not mean she wants to or will or hates her child or even makes her a bad person it just her emotions that make her think this not her logic mind, so it not u want to do or think this it just your depressed and angry and stressed and your emotions are responding to how u feel by giving u these stupid thoughts, all u need to do is get though this and once your sadness and angry and stress go so should the thougths
Hope this helped
|

replied May 31st, 2012
Also one more thing check out anxiety guru on iphone podcast or website that help me understand a lot
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied June 3rd, 2012
Dear nofaker its people like u that make anxious people worry for no reason, i have not doubt believing u have schizo by the sounds of it your mind in not in reality, please do not contact me or tell this crap to any other anxious person just to scare them into believing in the stuff u believe in thank you
Ps im an atheist u num nut and all ways will be
|
This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....