hi im 30 yrs old, i was on microgynon 30 for 5 yrs no probs then took a 2 yr break to have second daughter, no anxiety etc when was nt taking it. went back on microgynon 30 for another 3 yrs after break - fine no probs, but in the last 18 months ive started getting anxiety attacks started very irregulary, but in the last 4 months ive been tracking them and they are happening day 13/14 and days 21-28 of my cycle then the rest of the month im fine!!. anyway went to docs because i thought it could be pill but he said no because "why have you been ok all these years and the anxiety has just started to happen now". well i eventually got him to change my pill to cilest to see if it was the microgynon 30, ive been taking it for 7 days now and have been fine, untill yesterday when i had the biggest melt down ever ive had mood swings on microgynon but this was way out of my league also had anxiety too!!. so today ive decided to stop my pills and to see once and for all if it is the birth control pill or infact my own hormones that are giving me anxiety issues (im hoping its the pill!!) has any1 ever had this and if so what happened when you stopped birth control pills? thanks for reading sorry its long!!! x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 12th, 2011
I get the exact same way too. When it's around my menstrual time...I get my anxiety attacks. After that...I'm good. I guess it's just our hormones...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...