Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety 24/7 my guilt wont let me move on...

Back in Jan 2010 while my wife was preagnant I started going out with a coworker it was just friendly at first. One day she made a move on me and I resisted but then she unzipped me and gave me oral for maybe 1 mnt, I felt so guilty that I couldn't even finish. About 10 day later I noticed some discharge and frquent urinating I went to the Dr and he said I had a UTI and he told me to take some antibios. I took the meds but my symptoms got worse each week. Finally after 3 months I whent back to the Dr to test for STD's incl HIV, everything came back neg-. I kept gettin UTI's for over a year then 1 day it just stopped BUT soon after I started getting shills that seemed to last days followed by breef hot flashes. On Feb 2012 (20 months later) I whent back to the Dr to test again and one more time my results were - neg. I know I should be over this by now but maybe my guilt wont let me move on I love my wife an family more than ever but I feel like they have lost me. The Dr told me that I need to talk to someone so that I can move on. I dont sleep good or eat for long periods. My little girl is 2 and I havent been able to enjoy her. Has anybody gone thru this? Will I ever be the same? Please help! -
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with post traumatic stress disorder. You would need cognitive behavioural therapy sessions.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.