Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety, mind reading, people sensing emotions and thoughts....

Hi. I've smoke weed off and on for several years and I just recently quit. Hoping that's the problem but anyways let's see...
Even when I'm not smoking I feel like people can read some of my thoughts. This causes me to automatically think bad thoughts about them for some reason. In so many cases afterwards, this person will start talking trash in an indirect way. For example, he or she could be talking with friends, but in an indirect and clever way talk about me and try to make a joke or be rude. Sometimes it may be ideas of reference but other times it's so obvious and other people look at me like aren't u gonna make a comment back. But since its not directly made to me I ignore it. It's still annoying though.
Also, I feel like everyone or a lot of people are against me. I've always been cool with people but in the last two years I've been having this problem where people look and smile about something. Since it happened so often whenever I go out I feel like someone will talk trash in the indirect way I was talking about and I feel uneasy. Anyone else have this problem. I've had manic episodes and depressions but this is something totally different and ongoing. Any help is appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with schizoaffective disorder. You would need mental state examination for further clarification.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.