Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety/ Fear of being alone

I have anxiety when I am alone. I fear someone could break into my house and hurt me or my children. My heart will race and I will not be able to eat or sleep. I know they are deep rooted problems but aside from medication what are some thing I can do to alleviate some of this anxiety without having to constantly be around people which I prefer not to have to do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 28th, 2013
Moderator & Greeter
Hello Molly. I'm sorry for your pain - fear can be so debilitating. But don't let it take over your life! Please see out a doctor/psychiatrist or psychologist who can help you, or seek our live support groups that may help you not isolate and overcome your fears. Good luck to you!
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2013
Experienced User
Hello Molly - I suggest Yoga right before bed and right when you wake up - meditation - and focusing on positives help as well - medication can be a great tool but it will not fix everything - unfortunately they have not come up with a cure in a bottle - exersizing and drinking plenty of water is good to to help hydrate yourself - a lack of sleep will trigger anxiety as well so try to rest I know easier said than done - also try a program I did a while back called Attacking Anxiety and Depression its an 18 week program with workbooks, CDs and a free help line to call anytime. You will be fine I suggest you talk to someone about your rooted issues with your past though its not something to be nervous or shy about therapists have heard worse.. Good luck
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...