Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety escalating any tips for calming myself down?

For the past month I have been feeling a lot of nausea (also have emetaphobia) and just recently attributed it to anxiety. That past few days I have been especially anixous when I'm getting out ofmy car to go to my college and as soon as I'm about to reach the school, I've been running to the bathroom because I feel like I'm going to throw up. My mom is downplaying everything I'm feeling, so I really don't know what to do now. I'm thinking about seeing a psychiatrist, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for calming myself down in the moment (when I'm about to go to school).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 10th, 2012
anyone? please!
|

replied February 13th, 2012
See your doctor and he/she will probably do the work of a psychiatrist for the first visit. You may get follow-up tests done to rule out any horrible diseases but rest assured, doubt you have anything than good ole' fashioned anxiety/panic. I have this as well and take low dose lorazepam in order to cover up the symptoms. The true cure is to go to therapy which I have coming up soon.

Asses why you may be feeling this way. Are you stressed? Overworked? Family/relationship problems? Are you lonely,isolated or repressed in anyway? Remember, you cannot and will not die from panic or anxiety symptoms. Breathe deep when you feel the symptoms of anxiety start to appear and remember. Avoid aclohol, caffeeine and anything too sweet. You will be ok:)
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...