First timer Anxiety/dizzy
I have been dealing with Anxiety due from built up stress for 6 weeks now. Some days I feel fine and some days are bad. I lost my job (which was part of the cause) first attach was at work. I was starting a new job working with mentally disabled people and it was too much I guess. I went to the hospital cause I had no idea what was wrong with me. Been to a couple doc's since and I was given a low dose of Ativan (.5mg) was on it 3 times a day for a week and I was fine. Went off of it and felt terrible again. So I went back on just one pill in the morning for a week and I felt great, then down to half of that the next week .25mg and was fine. Went off for 4 days was ok... just really dizzy and then bam all back again. I don't know if anyone ever feels like they wake up in the morning knowing all their stress is gone but you still have this feeling of sadness and why the hell don't I feel like I used to... I want to be myself again and laugh and joke but I feel like I am in a cloud and everything goes on around me and I am watching from a window. I have been off of work for 6 weeks and need to get back to doing some office work, which I have done for 7 yrs. Can I cope with this and start a new job... I know I have to be strong and positive but I am scared of feeling all dizzy and spaced out at a new job let alone a job interview... can anyone help me with some advice? I have never in my life had this problem up untill six weeks ago so it's really hard for me...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 30th, 2008
anxiety/vertigo
I totally understand what your going through, I have suffered this for 8 yrs already. Any type of aggravation, stress, or being very tired will bring this on some days are better than others. In november I had alot of stress,then had a sinus infection with fluid in the ears. The doctor gave me an antibiotic with meclizine and a low dose of valium. The meclizine did not help at all. My next adventure is to go to an ENT . Then if nothing a nuerologist. You could try that. Hope your feeling better. Let me know how you make out. God Bless
|

replied December 31st, 2008
??
alright, my doctor and therapist said i have anxiety....but i'm feeling these symptoms everyday..... most have went away, but the vision and sense of not really being here if u know what i mean?! My vision is like pixelated or fuzzy and distorted.... my anxiety has got so bad where ive shut myself down kind of shut off havn't hung out or been out with friends for over two and a half weeks... im going nuts!!
|

replied January 1st, 2009
I know how you feel I had my stress for 2 weeks and the scary part for me was the 2nd time it came back, i didn't have a reason for it. my stress symptoms popped back in one night, and the symptoms were a lot worse the 2nd time. I still have it.
I would suggest that you see a therapist, they can find out what is bugging your mind, maybe it's a subconscious stress or your getting anxiety disorder (hopefully not). See a professional, diagnose what is really bugging you before you hurt yourself.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...