Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety disorder in children

Hello guys, I'm a freelance writer with no experience in the topic. I Want to know some anxiety symptoms you've seen in children and can they be stopped in case they experience attacks. Is there a pill that is recommended or any natural remedies that have proved to work in controlling anxiety.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper seaweeds
|

replied April 20th, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
I came across ur question and happen to be listening to a utube song by steve green called a joyful heart (is good medicine). Why not try to listen urself to the Mix, it is just awesome, and say what u think about it?
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 24th, 2015
A joyful heart is good medicine indeed. Thanks for your response. I enjoyed the song.
|

replied April 25th, 2015
Found any other recommendations? Share with us, thanks.
|

replied April 25th, 2015
I don't know if its ok to drop a link. I'd pleased to share some of my findings that I found from unapproved link. Thanks
|

replied April 28th, 2015
No, they dont approve links, except some of the more reliable sites i think. Anyway, perhaps a paragraph pasted would do, but acknowledge where you got it too.
|

replied April 30th, 2015
Thanks for the tip.

I got quite a number of responses. below find one of them.

"For me, medication has been huge. When I was 13, I became severely depressed, mainly as a result of my anxiety. Therapy did absolutely nothing for me, but as soon as I went on medication (celexa), my mood improved and my anxiety lessened. I went off the medication after about a year and a half on the advice of my doctor, and the anxiety came back. I went back on, but it didn’t help anywhere near enough this time. Ultimately, I began a downward spiral which ended with me being hospitalized for severe anxiety, depression and anorexia." The whole article can be found in List Wellness Website
|

replied April 25th, 2015
My niece used to shake and twitchy.
|

replied April 29th, 2015
Anxiety is a normal part of childhood and every child goes through phases. A phase is temporary and usually harmless. But children who suffer from an anxiety disorder experience fear, nervousness and shyness and they start to avoid places and activities. Separation anxiety is common in younger children, whereas older children and teenagers tend to worry about school, performance, relationships or health. Children are commonly afraid of things like monsters, dogs or water. This is perfectly normal part of growing up. A type of antidepressant called SSRI can be used for anxiety disorders. A type of talk therapy called cognitive-behaviour therapy (CBT) is also often used.
|

replied April 30th, 2015
Thank you very much. Yes, indeed in my research I was privileged to talk to two teenagers and this came out clearly.
|
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...