Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety/depression since about a year ago

I've been depressed/anxious since about a year ago. Sometimes I'd think about the future, and where I'm gonna be in the said future. I feared growing up, taking responsibilities, and having everyone die around me as I grew older. Or, I could die before I even grow up, which is also a common thing I worry about. This made me scared of life in general.
This started when my step dad died. I realized that my parents, my siblings, my friends, everyone was not gonna live forever. I fell into deeper depression when my grandmother died. I just felt scared, I didn't want to grow up or die.
I talked with my mom about this, but she just told me not to worry about it. I'm going to go to consueling one day but its taking too long. I don't know what to do.

Can someone help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2018
Putting life at a stand still due to fear of death is not an ideal approach. I would advise behavioural cognitive therapy and psychotherapy in consultation with a psychiatrist to better address your fears and expectations.

|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2018
It is normal for every human being to think about future and past. We all do that, many times. Its difficult for us to remain in present. Anxiety and depression are purely related with overthinking about past, future or any matter that you are not comfortable of and your mind is not able to get the solution that how to overcome the certain problem or deal with it.
People with anxiety disorder suffer because they are not able to to find the solution of what they hey facing within there body. Some may even face panic attacks.

You need to relax first if you want to get over it. Please understand you are not alone in the world. You have your people around you who cares for you. To deal with this concentrate on your daily lifestyle. Make routine. Start talking to people or go online and make unknown friends, just talk. Start with this, after you started feeling better than you can join yoga classes. Or you can consult a doctor
|

replied April 12th, 2018
Hi guys, i have a depressive disorder, me and my 10 yrs boyfriend got broke up last weekend and I feel horrible for what happened to us. I love him with all my heart when he just met this girl somewhere I don't know. That's why I don't want anybody to talk to me or even ask me how i feel right now. I only want to stay in my room and lay in bed then browsing the net. But upon browsing i read this that really got my attention. I want to take marijuana as well but it has a good benefits and it can cure my depression. Does anybody tried using MJ as a medicine? Care to reply. Thanks.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.