Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety, Depression, OCD, 14 weeks pregnant

I'm having severe depression, anxiety, and obsessive behavior. I am 14 weeks pregnant and the issues I'm having are interfering with my daily living, job and activities. I already had an appt 2 weeks ago and my husband and I did not feel comfortable with the therapist. I have an appointment with a new therapist/dr in a cpl days. I'm worried. This has lasted for over 1 month & it is affecting me mentally, physically, and financially. My attendance at work has suffered and now my hours have been cut. We need my income to survive. What do I do? I can't concentrate or focus on anything especially my job. I don't know what I'm going to do if something else goes wrong. I can not cope. I don't want to leave the house for fear that something is going to go wrong.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2014
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

You have to stay strong as not many drugs are recommended
in pregnancy for such issues. Pregnancy is a labile period
in terms of emotional instability. I would suggest you consult
a psychiatrist so that a Mini mental state exam is performed.
to ascertain depression and or anxiety,
Meds can be adjusted afterwards in addition
to cognitive behavioral therapy. Yoga and meditation , too have proven benefit
in addition to relaxing exercise.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2014
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

You have to stay strong as not many drugs are recommended
in pregnancy for such issues. Pregnancy is a labile period
in terms of emotional instability. I would suggest you consult
a psychiatrist so that a Mini mental state exam is performed.
to ascertain depression and or anxiety,
Meds can be adjusted afterwards in addition
to cognitive behavioral therapy. Yoga and meditation , too have proven benefit
in addition to relaxing exercise.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.