Hello,

Im 22 years old and I have been feeling under the weather for about 7 weeks now ever since a night of badminton. Around 50 minutes into it I became very aware of my own heart beat and had to take a rest for 5 minutes because I felt light headed and I felt my heart race. After 5 minutes i resumed plaing and things seemed to have subsided. However, ever since that night I have had a constant slight pressure in my chest and have a range of symptoms that i gone with this.

At various points of the day, everyday, I get an overwhelming sense of unease that starts with the chest and manifests itself as a fuzzy head or a throbbing sensation just above the jaw. I usually get a flush feeling as well and gets particularly worse when im with a group of people.

I have had an ECG and an Ekko and both have come back normal (well my Ecg 'fell within normal range'). I have also had a blood test and this has also come back normal. I am now fairly convinced that it is not a cardiac problem, although i am going back for a stress test and then to wear a cardiac tape to measure the rhythm over a day. I am also fairly sure that anxiety makes these symptoms a lot worse which has explained why I feel worse in big groups (eg. cinema, at gigs and at restaurants), however when i am most relaxed the symptoms still come on.

For example when i get home and watch tv, I stil get the feeling of unease and headaches. It has also come on when I have been playing golf and shopping as well as at other seemingly relaxed times.

I was just wondering whether this is all down to anxiety, or whether there are other non cardiac related sympotms that can bring on this type of illness before its made worse with anxiety. Also, soemthing must have happened the night I played badminton, even though all my heart results seem to have come back normal. Either way these symptoms are really getting me down and my confidence is being shot.

Any help would be great.

Many Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, it sure could be anxiety. If it would make you feel better, I would go and have it checked out. That symtom alone can cause anxiety in itself.
|

replied May 28th, 2008
To be on the safe side, you should probably be tested for diabetes (especially if you have a family history of the disease).
|

replied June 7th, 2012
anxiety
I been tested for diabetes..etc....normal..theyve check my heart normsl. Blood pressure normal..its just anxieties.they make yoy feel horrible.ive been gettibg them since I got my new job..i was prescribe paxil..they,work but make me sleepy abd cabt use them for work..someone told me cannabis was the best solution..I dont knw about that??
|

replied June 7th, 2012
I been tested for diabetes..etc....normal..theyve check my heart normsl. Blood pressure normal..its just anxieties.they make yoy feel horrible.ive been gettibg them since I got my new job..i was prescribe paxil..they,work but make me sleepy abd cabt use them for work..someone told me cannabis was the best solution..I dont knw about that??
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...