I seem to be fairly relaxed in my personal life but endure severe panic attacks when at work ( and occassionally in busy supermarkets too). I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder 4 years ago and took some anti depressants and attended Cognitive behavioural therapy which has help manage, but not eleviate, my symptoms. It's particularly bad when there are lots of people around and I'm starting to think it's more of a social phobia. having low blood pressure doaesn't help! I can suddenly feel as if I'm falling, the room spins, my heart races and I just want to run. I do regular exercise, eat healthily, avoid caffeine and only drink a little alcohol at the weekend. What else can I try to free myself from this horrible disorder - it's much worse than childbirth!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 7th, 2011
Try finding another job. Maybe there's too much stress for you there. I was getting constant panic attacks at my previous job. I started working at another job two months ago...and I feel like things are getting back to normal. Yes...I do still feel symptoms here and there, but it's been easier to manage. I still do get panic attacks in crowded places, but I listen to my ipod while I'm in crowded stores and it really helps me. I hope it helps you too. Hope you get better.
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2011
I just had my first panic attack at work on Monday and have since taken the rest of the week off. I now have a fear of having another attack again in public. My doctor prescribed me Lorazepam to help with the attacks but I still have that fear in the back of my head.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...