Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety and The Endocrine System

Anxiety and The Endocrine System
I would like to start out by apologizing for taking up space if I am in the wrong forum or if I am causing redundant topic line. I have a 13 year old son who is a gifted, divergent, altruistic soul. Over this last school year his demeanor and behavior has changed dramatically. He told me that a lot of the children in his classes have started making fun of him and calling him names. They tell him that he smells like went number 2 in his pants(putting it mildly)It has bothered him so much that he stopped paying attention to his teachers and has begun to fail his classes. With tears in his eyes, he reassures me that it is not just teasing and that he can actually smell the foul order from his back side. At first we thought that it might be caused from having gym class for 2nd period and not showering afterwards. I made a change to his schedule by dismissing him from participating in gym class but it did not help. He confided to me that from the moment he sits down, his legs and bottom heat up dramatically and start to sweat. Even in the car on the way to school.
My breaks my heart to see him in so much emotional distress. He rarely comes out of his bedroom anymore and has become overly sensitive to what someone may smell while walking by him, he wont go out public places.
I have smelled his clothes that he has put in to wash, and I cant smell anything unusual or overbearing. I have had "swamp ass" from time to time so I know what he is talking about.
At 13, his life is falling apart and I feel so useless, unable to do anything but offer the words of comfort from a loving father, that are as useful to him as a pair of socks on his hands.
I have read hundreds of postings on various sites from all ages of people who have the same or similar problem. I have not read anything at all about how or if anyone has found resolution.
I have just ordered the probiotic in an attempt to balance the bacteria in his lower GI track. I do not know if his condition may be a symptom of food allergies or Candida or even Pubescent hormones.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I pray that you post a reply. I fear that he may manifest any number of anxiety disorders that will alter the course of his life irrevocably.
Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
He would need PR examination to rule out perineal disease. If PR examination is fine then mental state examination will be needed to rule in or rule out OCD.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.