Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety and Stress Question

User Profile
My dad is driving me crazy. I am a recent college graduate and struggling to get by. It is more financially suitable for me to live at home, but I cannot tolerate my living environment. It is overwhelming to try to decide how I will pursue my future goals in life and I am receiving tremendous pressure not only financially to make the correct decisions, but also trying to make very important decisions in the face of great uncertainty.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2019
Anxiety and Stress Answer A65051
Welcome to e health forum.

This is a very common situation faced by most young teenagers or adults living with their parents.

There has to be a balance between every one concerned to help each other grow up and live productively

But since personality , lifestyle , personal needs vary for every one , such balance is seldom achievable.

But even in disorder or incompatibility, things should not spiral out of control due to arguments .

Try to see the bigger picture and think things through before you argue with your parents , as since they have the power over you, as you depend on them and not the other way around, you cannot impose your requirements on them .

Hence be patient and calm and keep yourself focused on your goals.

In due time, you will be able to realise them.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.